English Idiom & Saying

1. Halo...halo, #grammarian yg harusnya kemarin diganti siang ini yah. Kita mau bahas tentang 'English Idiom & Saying'. Are you readyyyyyy?

2. class clown = A pupil who frequently makes jokes or pokes fun. #grammarian

3.
to be in the limelight = to be the center of attention #grammarian

4.
Hmm, agak susah ya idiomnya? Kasi contoh yaaa :)
museum piece = something that is very old-fashioned & should no longer be use. Ex:This isn't a computer, it's a museum piece. #grammarian

6.
to bring the house down = to make everybody laugh. Ex: This comedy just brought the house down. #grammarian

7.
to be laughed out of court = to make a fool of oneself. Ex: I was laughed out of court when I asked who Justin Bieber was. #grammarian

8.
to steal the show = to win the greatest praise, to B better than anyone else. Ex:He always steals the show, wherever he goes. #grammarian to make a clown of yourself = to make yourself appear foolish or stupid. Ex:I shouldn't have worn this costume, I made a clown of myself. #grammarian

10. to sing your heart out = to sing with vigor or intensity. Ex: No matter that I sang out of tune, I really sang my heart out. #grammarian

11.
star-studded = with lots of famous people. Ex: Every TV program has its own star-studded event. #grammarian

12.
show stopper = An event that provokes such a strong reaction that it stops whatever's happening. #grammarian

0 comments:

Post a Comment